Friday, July 13, 2007

Running Out of Ideas

I need some ideas. I was going to make my Dad a pair of socks for Christmas. Well, my Mom informed me the other day that he can't wear wool on his feet. I'll spare you the details, but I'll say it's not pretty. Anyhoo, I'm trying to think of what else to make him. I hate working with cotton when it comes to socks, and I don't really think Dad would dig Fixation. I don't like the feel of it on my feet, and he's pickier than I am about things like that. So, I thought, okay - a hat, because I made him a scarf last year. He doesn't wear gloves or mittens.

But does anyone have any other ideas that I am over looking? My father has officially become my hardest person to knit for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, you could try something perhaps in a soy blend if you still would like to do socks? Then it's not cotton, but won't be hard on his feet.

Or perhaps a vest? Is that something he'd wear? Then it wouldn't be as long or difficult as a sweater, but still might be enjoyed!

Barring that, I don't know how active he is or how cold it gets where you are, but you could create a lap blanket or lap sized afghan maybe?

It is really hard to knit for men - I'm totally with you there.