Tuesday, June 26, 2007

And now a word from our sponsor

Good evening ladies...

I'm so excited to see so many people joining up... PLENTY of thanks due to Chan and Anne's blogs announcing this KAL :-) I want you all to know that I'm about to make a state move, from Hot and Steamy North Carolina (well, not as bad as Atlanta is for Anne, but pretty close probably!) to cool and comfy Pocono's area Pennsylvania!

I will pack up my computers and cancel Cable on Friday, of this week... and VERY early on Saturday I will drive my three little ones, two furry ones, and a frozen turkey (among other random things) to Newark, New York to visit my in-laws, and the various cousins who will be in town as well for the fourth of July celebrations.. I'm taking a TON of knitting with me... of course... but cannot unfortunately work on much Christmas knitting while I'm there, since nearly 1/2 of my christmas list recipients will be there! Fear not though, I plan to work on other great knitting projects! Maybe even some of my mystery items that I hadn't put in my list for fear that the KALers who will be receiving them will know too much info!

Once at my in-laws I will have limited daily computer access :-) but will definitely check in as often as I can, and add new 'Elves' to Santa's alternate workshop!

I will be in Newark until July 7th and will then make the trek back down here to North Carolina to meet our moving company who will pack our house up and load it into the trucks on July 9th and 10th. I will return to Pennsylvania at that time with my hubby and meet the movers at our new home on the 12th. I will be without internet access from July 7th through the 11th.

So.. if you are a newbie, and you don't hear from me for a day or two (or 4) I apologize... bear with me.. I'll get you added as soon as I can! In the meantime, get your list going, and get a-knittin on those projects... I wanna see PROGRESS! :-)

Now... Keitha mentioned looking for a Man's scarf pattern... here's a beautiful one that I plan to use for my two brothers-in-law...

http://iliveonafarm.com/newyorkscarf.html

I will add Fireflies (the author of the ILiveOnAFarm blog)... to the pattern links as well.. she has fabulous knitting patterns, and now that I think of it, a gorgeous little santa gift bag... :-)

No comments: