Saturday, September 1, 2007

Hello

I've just joined this KAL - thanks michelle -and so far my knitting list is very small, that is to say one solitary item, but I love christmas kals because the variety of projects is so great, and of course very inspiring. I'm sure my list will get steadily longer and I like to keep all my knitted gifts secret so its a great way to diarise them all, and its a relief and a reassurance to be among those who speak fluent knit.

My project as the moment is a wide knit 2, purl 2 ribbed scarf. Its a plain design because I'm doing it in malabrigo 'loro barranque' which knitted up looks like paella, all red, saffron yellow, green and brown, very Spanish. I only have one skein with no hope of another from my local wool shop (which happens to be 'Get Knitted' in Bristol - they have a website) so I'm thinking short scarf - add a couple of strategic buttons so it drapes in a pleasing way and keeps the neck warm without having been wrapped round and round. If anyone has tried this I'd love to hear how it turned out - practical or foolish? Or, any other ideas? I'm 10 inches in so there's a way to go.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi : )

No comments: